Hill Stations Near Delhi | Hill Station Resorts Near Delhi
Like Delhi, there are no any Place like this for the first time visitor it is an overwhelming experience . With a history that is both rich and tragic, Delhi is not just a city, It is a universe of its own. Apart from this one most important thing with Delhi is many hill stations near Delhi are easily reachable by Delhi if you have enough time to visit then you can enjoy at some nature beauty places near by Delhi under 200 kms to 500 kms
Hill Stations Near Delhi within 400 kms - 600 kms:
- Shimla: 342.8 km (Best for trekking, sightseeing, etc.)
- Pushkar: 414 km (Famous to witness ancient religious temples, Pushkar Fair, camel rides, etc.)
- Dharamshala: 474.8 km (Best for sightseeing, old temples, trekking, cycling, etc,)
- Kasol: 528 km (Best for trekking, sightseeing, etc.)
- Manali: 537.5 km (Best for trekking, sightseeing)
Also see More - Picnic Spots Near Delhi
Weekend Getaways near Delhi within 150 kms -300 kms:
- Bharatpur - 195 kms (Best for wildlife lovers, couples)
- Rishikesh -240 kms (Best for activities like rafting, trekking, Yoga etc.)
- Jim corbett national park - 235 kms (Best for adventure & wildlife lovers, couples)
- Lansdowne - Distance – 250 kms (Best for couples, hill station lovers, adventure seekers)
- Mandawa - 260 kms (Best for family, historical trip)
- Jaipur - 268 kms (Best for sightseeing places like City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, etc.)
- Mussoorie - 275 kms (Best for trekking, sightseeing)
- Nainital - 296 km (Best for horse and animal rides, trekking, sightseeing, boating, etc.)
Also see - Weekend Getaways Near Delhi
Rishikesh - Described as one of the favorite destination for adventure lovers. Main attraction of Rishikesh is river rafting. This famous Hindu pilgrimage destination is situated in the Himalayas with the holy Ganges flowing by its side. Things which attract visitors here are Yoga tourism, spirituality and adventure sports like rafting, trekking and climbing tours and all Adventure activities like Bungee jumping, cliff jumping, body surfing & More. Riverside camping is also a fun here. It is also a religious destination because of places like Laxman Jhula, Ram jhula etc.
Places to Visit in Rishikesh:
- Laxman Jhula- It is one of the very Famous hanging brisge on river Ganga. It is situated 70 feet above the River Ganga and 450 feet long.
- White Water Rafting- First choice for white water rafting lovers. Fun and adventurous lovers come here to do rafting at different levels.
- Triveni Ghat- scared ghat for most of pilgrims is a confluence of three holy significant rivers of India -Ganges, Yamuna and saraswati.
Best Time To Visit Rishikesh:For river rafting- Late September to mid-November
For other places- Early March to the first week of May
How to Reach Rishikesh From Delhi:
- By Rail: There are several direct trains to reach Rishikesh
- By Bus: There are several direct buses to reach Rishikesh
- By Air: Jolly Grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh which is approximately 35
Also see More - Camping in Rishikesh
Jim Corbett national park -Located in Nainital district of Uttarakhand Corbett is the oldest national park in India which was established in 1936. Main purpose to establish Corbett Park was to protect the endangered Bengal tiger and it was the first project to save tigers.
This park is an ecotourism destination containing 488 different species of plants and a diverse variety of fauna. Corbett has been a major attraction for tourists among other national wildlife parks for a long time. Major attractions of Corbett Tiger Reserve are its splendid landscape and the diverse wildlife. In recent years the number of people coming here has increased dramatically.
How to Reach From Delhi:
- By Rail: A direct train to Ramnagar runs from Delhi.
- By Bus: All types of Volvo AC Buses to Jim Corbett National Park are available.
- By Air: Pantnagar Airport, which is 80 km away from Ramnagar.
Also see More - Resorts in Jim Corbett
Lansdowne - A place full of natural beauty and couples favourite destination for weekend getaway. You can enjoy the company of friends and family with serenity, solitude, peace. Located at a distance of 250 kms. from Delhi, it is a favourite destination for nature lovers. It is surrounded by oak & pine trees. Main attractions to do here are trekking, bird watching, boating etc. It has got its name from the name of Lord Lansdowne (Viceroy of India 1888-1894), the town stands at an altitude of 1700 mts. above sea level. this is nearest weekend getaway near Delhi/NCR. Best places to visit here are the Bhulla Lake, St. Mary's Church, Tip In Top,Himalayan peaks Chaukhamba & Trishul etc. Best time to visit is after the summers to avoid rugged weather.
Mandawa - A small town located in the Jhunjunu district of Rajasthan. Main tourist attractions are mansions, havelis and forts. This is a very popular fort of Rajasthan. Mandawa was built in 1812 by Thakur Nawal Singh. The fort is spectacular in its beauty with different paitings of Lord Krishna and his cows. The rooms are decorated with beautiful artwork, mirror work, engravings and paintings of Lord Krishna in different forms and figures. Now, Mandawa has been converted into a hotel with well equipped modern amenities and luxuries. The town of Mandawa is popularly nicknamed as an open art gallery of Rajasthan owing to the lovely collection of frescoes.
Manali - A hill station that is surrounded by huge mountains and distant forests, Manali has grabbed world's attention to become one of the most frequently visited weekend getaways near Delhi. The pristine River Beas flows through the town, creating a lovely landscape.
This town also has multiple options for tourists looking for adventurous activities like trekking, skiing, zorbing, white water rafting, paragliding, etc. Moreover, Manali also has a lot of temples which all tourists and devotees are fond of visiting.
Tourist Attractions in Manali:
Best Time To Visit: October to February
How to Reach From Delhi:
- By Rail: Regular trains run from Delhi to Ambala Cantt which is the nearest railway station. Further, take State Transport Bus from Ambala Cantt to Manali.
- By Bus: There are many direct buses from Delhi to Manali
- By Air: The nearest airport is in Bhuntar from where taxis are available till Manali.
Also see More - Manali Hotels
Dharamshala- At a distance of 9 km from McLeod Ganj, 16 km from Kangra, 84 km from Pathankot, 115 km from Dalhousie, 194 km from Kullu, 234 km from Manali, 237 km from Shimla, and 486 km from Delhi, Dharamshala is a hill station in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Dharamshala consists of two distinct parts - Lower Dharamsala and Upper Dharamshala. Lower Dharamsala is a bustling civil and commercial center whereas Upper Dharamshala, known more commonly as McLeod Ganj, is the seat of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama. Dalai Lama's residence and the headquarters of Central Tibetan Administration are located here. . It has a lot to offer ranging from ancient temples, churches and monasteries to museums and beautiful trekking trails. The ancient Chamunda Temple, Dalailama Temple, Namgyalma Stupa, Bhagsunath Temple, Norbulingka Institute, Gyuto Monastery and Indru Nag are some of the prime tourist attractions.
Tourist Attractions in Dharamshala :
- Triund- A trek to Triund offers majestic views of the Himalayas and is a short and simple one. Thus, it can be done by beginner trekkers too.
- Bhagsu Falls- These falls are situated 2 km away from McLeodganj and is spread over a vast expanse of land.
- Bhagsunath Temple- This temple is surrounded by pools and lush greenery. It is located at a height of 1770 metre above sea level and attracts a huge number of devotees and tourists every year.
How to Reach From Delhi:
- By Rail: The nearest major railway station is at Pathankot, 85 kilometres away.
- By Bus: Dharamshala is well-connected to Delhi and other parts of North India via a network of state operated buses
- By Air: The nearest airport is at Gaggal, about 13 kilometres away from Dharamshala.
Also see More - Dharamshala Resorts
Shimla: - Most popular destination for honeymooners and most famous weekend getaway destination. Shimla is also famous for its captivating natural beauty which can make your trip fantastic. Apart from beauty there are a number of things which attract tourists from all parts of India. The mall road of Shimla has a variety of things to share with you. Beauty and cleanliness by administration of Shimla attracts more tourism here. The roads, colonial style structured buildings, historic temples will make your trip to shimla memorable.
Places to Visit in Shimla:
- Ridge- A famous social hub for street lovers. This wide raod has is located near the Mall Road, and has got ample number of things to share with you. It is more than just a marketplace.
- Mall Road - If you love traditional handcraft than must go to this place .A long stretch of road that truly celebrates the spirit of Shimla. You find local handicrafts, shawls, woollen etc.
- Kufri- Located 13 km away from the main town, Kufri brings to you better landscapes and climate. It is famous for its zoo that has rare species of Felines, Antelopes, Bears, and birds like Himalayan Monal-the state bird of Himachal Pradesh.
- Toy Train To Kalka- This fun toy train ride takes you around picturesque locations en route Kalka and Shimla. It crosses more than 100 tunnels and makes the experience worth cherishing. While in Shimla, this joy ride is a must try.
Best Time To Visit: March to June
How to Reach From Delhi:
- By Rail: Regular trains run to Kalka. Kalka to Shimla can be commuted in the toy train or a local taxi.
- By Bus: Regular buses run to Shimla from Delhi
Also see More - Shimla Hotels
Places to visit in Delhi with in 300 kkms - Don't Forget to visit
National Museum - The National Museum is one of the largest museums in India began with an exhibition of Indian art and artefacts at the Royal Academy in London in the winter of 1947–48. On August 15, 1949, the National Museum, New Delhi, was inaugurated in the Rashtrapati Bhawan by Shri R.C. Rajagopalachari, the Governor-General of India. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the Prime Minister of India laid the foundation of the present building on May 12, 1955. The first phase of the National Museum building was formally inaugurated by Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the Vice President of India, on December 18, 1960. The second phase of the building was completed in 1989.
Akshardham temple: In the Guinness World Record, Akshardhaam temple is recorded as the World's Largest Comprehensive Hindu Temple, the complex was inaugurated on 6 November, 2005. To take an enlightening journey through India's glorious art full of values and contributions for the progress, happiness and harmony of mankind, it is the place.
- Location: On NH 24, Akshardham Setu
- Nearest Metro Station:Akshardham
- Timings: First Entry: 9:30 AM, Last Entry: 6:30 PM
- Complex Entry: Free , No Ticket
- Exhibition: Ticket (Rs.100-170)
- Musical Fountain: Ticket (20-30)
- Day Closed: Mondays
- Photography: Not allowed
- Mobiles & Electronics: Not
- allowed (Cloakroom Available)
Lotus temple - A place of more than 70 million visitors making it one of the most visited edifices in the world. This temple is built in the shape of a lotus flower in East of Nehru place, and is the last of seven Major Bahai's temples built around the world. Completed in 1986 it is set among the lush green landscaped gardens.
- Location: Near Kalkaji Temple, East of Nehru Place
- Nearest Metro Station:Kalkaji Mandir
- Open: Tue-Sun; Mondays closed
- Timings: 9am to 5:30pm
- Entry: Free
- Photography: Permission required
India Gate - At the centre of New Delhi, India Gate was built in 1931. This national monument of India is inspired by the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. This place is made in the memory of 90,000 soldiers of the Indian Army who lost their lives while fighting for the British Raj in World War I and the Third Anglo-Afghan War. This 42 m high memorial bears the names of more than 13,516 British and Indian soldiers killed in the Northwestern Frontier in the Afghan war of 1919.
- Location: Near Rajpath
- Metro Station: Pragati Maidan
- Timings: Morning to Night
- Entry: Free
- Days Closed: None
- Photography Charges: Nil
Weekend getaways near Delhi - Delhi offers a number of weekend getaways like historical forts, hills stations, adventure destinations etc. We are sahring a list of weekend getaways:
Alwar/Neemrana - 553 years old medieval Fort-Palace, it is a perfect weekend getaway from Delhi and good place for adventure lovers.Built on the 2 billion-year-old Aravalli hills, it has witness the most spectacular sunsets over the countryside. Neemrana is a small town in Alwar District. The magnificent Fort around which the town is established was built by Raj Dup Raj in 1467. It is now converted into a heritage hotel. Only a few weekend getaways from Delhi have the luxury of offering a majestic view along with a monastic ambience to truly detox your senses.
Mathura & Vrindavan - Mathura and Vrindavan reminds us of krishna and Radha, it is famouse for Braj Holi allm over the world. Famous for its culture and heritage is the birthplace of Lord Krishna. 145 km south-east of Delhi, this location stands on the golden triangle of Delhi-Jaipur-Agra. Famous places to visit here are Mathura museum full of ancient sculptures, Krishna birth place- the birth place of Lord Krishna and Dwarkadheesh temple. City of Krishna temples is Vrindavan which is famous like city of Mathura .
Bharatpur - Keoladeo Ghana National Park is a man-made and man-managed wetland. It is recognised as one of the world's most important bird breeding and feeding grounds. It originated as a royal hunting reserve during the 1850s and was a hunting ground for the maharajas of Bharatpur after 1850. Keoladeo was established as a national park on 10 March 1982 and was designated as a bird sanctuary on 13 March 1976. In 1985 it was declared a World Heritage Site.
Keoladeo Ghana National Park is a perfect managed park where well-defined tracks are made. You can easily cover these tracks on foot or on a cycle or you can hire a trained rickshaw puller who will help you in your tour of bird watching. Boats trip early in the morning or late evening will give you unforgettable experience.
Top places to visit in Keoladeo Ghana National Park
- Government Museum: This museum will give you glimpse of past splendor of Bharatpur.
- Bharatpur Palace: It is an excellent blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture.
- Lohagarh Fort: Place which remained invincible despite several attacks by the British.
- Other attractions:
- Forests: Deciduous forests and open grassy meadow, the flora of the park and species of flowering plants.
- Safari Rides
Historical Places to visit in Delhi -
- Temples - Akshardham temple ,lotus temple,Birla mandir
- Museums - Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum, National Gallery of Modern Art, National Museum of Natural History, National Rail Museum, National Handicrafts and Handlooms Museum, National Philatelic Museum, Nehru Planetarium, Shankar's International Dolls Museum., National Museum etc.
- Historic Places - India Gate, Rajpath, Rajghat,Qutub Minar, Old fort, Red fort etc.
- Surajkund - 30 kms ( best for nature lovers, picnic spot, family, historical trip )
- Alwar/neemrana - 120 kms (Best for couples, historical trip, wildlife lovers, adventure lovers)
- Mathura and vrindavan - 160 kms (Best for family, Religious Trip)
This place is available with wide-ranging options like Bagh Resort, Bharatpur,Bhanwar Vilas Palace, Bharatpur,Bharatpur Ashok, Bharatpur,Birder's Inn, Bharatpur,Chandra Mahal Haveli, Bharatpur,Kadamb Kunj, Bharatpur,Laxmi Vilas Palace, Bharatpur,Udai Vilas Palace, Bharatpur, where a couple room with breakfast, lunch and dinner facility will cost around 2000-7500.